bondtrader's Blog

Futures Trading, Musings, and Random Thoughts

Friday, September 17, 2004

Intra-Day Trends

There are really only 2 trends during the day for ER2, one within or after the first 15 minutes of trading, the next after the first 30 minutes of trading.

First Morning Trend
3LPB First Trend

Second Morning Trend
3LPB First Trend


After that, the volume dies down, and ER2 moves in a trendless fashion, and this is probably true for all the other e-mini futures.

After the 2 Morning Trends
3LPB First Trend


Possibly, a third trend could happen in the afternoon, within the last 1-1.5 hours of the trading day, but note I said possibly. I have seen it trend in the afternoons, but more recently I've seen afternoons where the market didn't really go in any particular direction. What the afternoon is good for is that it gives you a hint as to the what might happen during the next day's opening.


4 Comments:

  • Hi nice blog site, I was wondering if you know of other blogger sites of traders. I am a stock day trader and really like to hear about the day of other traders. It is really hard to get such insite to the struggles and successes of other traders in other formats. As of yet i do not have a blog site set up but i am contemplating it. I trade tiny shares and focus on chart study such as the dynamics of price chart movement. I have been trading for several years. I haven't had much luck in searching for trader blogs, only finding a hand ful, yours being one of them.
    tradur@charter.net is my email , good trading
    john

    By Blogger john, at September 18, 2004 at 12:24 PM  

  • Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

    I have a anxiety disorder symptom site/blog. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

    Come and check it out if you get time :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 8, 2005 at 7:59 AM  

  • Good info. Thanks.

    Regards,

    Emini S&P 500 Futures Daytrader
    stock method

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 8, 2006 at 7:26 PM  

  • Your readers my enjoy other resources such as allergy headache and knowing some of the best sites to buy allergy headache .

    By Blogger SEO, at October 26, 2006 at 12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home